I started cutting the updated playfield layout tonight. I’ll be chronicling it both here as well as via a couple of YouTube videos.
I’ve been in the musical mood lately. I’ve decided to add alternate music and soundFX to Tail of the Dragon. Typically, when you start a game, the music/sound will default to traditional chimes. If you hold down the left flipper button and press start, however, the game will use the alternate music and soundFX.
I got my P-ROC on Wednesday! I have a lot of work to do to finish getting the table components hooked up. The most complex thing to do is hook up the lamp matrix. This thing has 63 lamps on the playfield alone! The backbox has another 16 or so.
This evening was a fun, I added ~60 diodes to the playfield’s lamp sockets. Best of all, I chronicled all 2 hours of it live via Ustream! I don’t know how to embed Ustream videos yet, so swing on over to my channel and check them out.
Tomorrow I’m going to take care of the ~20 switchs live as well.
I really wanted to vacuum form a ramp today, but mother nature had other plans. Due to the rain, I switched gears back to TotD.
I ordered a P-Roc kit yesterday. I can’t wait to get it! There’s lots to do before the kit comes. For one, I need to wire everything up (Minus end connectors) so I can hook the P-Roc into the game as soon as it comes.
Another package arrived yesterday. I spent a little time today adding the remaining GI sockets and controlled lamp sockets to the bottom of the playfield. I also added paper-plastics, the special insert, white rubbers, and managed to fit the diverter assembly within the bounds of the cab
I made a quick video about this table. I describe some of the rules, and hit the ball around.
One of my 3 packages arrived yesterday- the package with the remaining inserts!
I added the last inserts, sanded everything down semi-level, and gave it a couple coats of spray clear-coat sealer. I didn’t clear coat the playfield so it would look nice, I did it more so to help lock in the inserts. The clear coat did darken the wood quite a bit though which looks nice imo
I have the layout completed to the point I need to make a foam core to test shots and finish the new left ramp design. The past couple days I started building the foam core… wait… that’s not a foam core //O_o\\